On this episode of Style of Business, your host Keetria interviews Saba Tekle, award-winning best selling author, publisher, mentor, and founder and CEO of 7 House Media.
- About Saba Tekle
- She wants to help women find their passion and purpose and shine a light on inner beauty.
- She needed self-help, development, spiritual advice, and mentorship.
- She found authors whose vulnerability and story helped heal her.
- She wanted to become an author and learned a lot about the publishing industry.
- She genuinely believes that when you provide enough value, the universe will serve you.
- Why do you think people love the message in your books so much?
- It’s not an everyday conversation that’s happening in the book.
- The book is tailored to healing and empowers you via what women have been through.
- Talk about some of the services you offer with 7 House Media.
- The most dominant thing she teaches on is publishing.
- She offers mentorship for her authors.
- What are one or two key things you didn’t know before as a publisher?
- At first, publishing wasn’t the goal, the writing was the goal.
- She knew she needed a different skill set if you wanted to write and publish.
- Talk about your newest of your series.
- There are about 6 volumes of 20 beautiful women
- The content is people who took their pain and made it their purpose.
- What drives your work?
- She gets compelled when she sees how her books have benefited people.
- She takes note of what she gets from her authors and what helps people.
- Any current plans to expand the brand further?
- The 20 Beautiful Women challenge came out of nowhere and over a million people participated.
- She wants to continue and expand on the momentum.
- What do you enjoy most about writing?
- It’s the most beautiful thing if you can express what’s actually on your mind.
- It’s magic, beautiful, powerful, and healing.
- What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
- If you’re clear about your intent and niche specific, God will move everything for you.
- What it’s all about is what you think of what you do.
- Do you have a specific process when you’re trying to come up with a storyline?
- Every process is similar.
- First, check in with your soul.
- Find people that you trust to mentor you and let things develop.
- Start with a blank page – you’re putting out an intent that you’re going to write something.
- You have to be willing to bet on yourself.
- What motivates you?
- She gets inspired, she’s free spirit.
- What motivates her is an inspiration.
- People inspire her.
- There’s just one you, you can’t do everything for everybody.
3 Key Points
- When you provide value you’ll gain value in return.
- Be clear about your intent and your niche.
- Find people you trust to mentor you.
- When you provide enough value, the universe will serve you.
- Enjoying your journey is the most important part.
- Writing is magic, beautiful, powerful, and healing.
- “I knew I wanted to write. I had dreamed about it for years. I wasn’t going to be one of those people who die wondering, “What if?” I would keep putting my dream to the test — even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure. This is the Shadowland of hope, and anyone with a dream must learn to live there.” – Alex Haley