In this 46th episode of SOB: Style of Business podcast, Keetria interviews Nia Perry, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Gradient Global Collective, a new media and event production company. Gradient Global Collective provides original and curated content and experiences with its sights set on the global community of black women entrepreneurs.
- Nia Perry is from Brooklyn, New York and went to a fashion business high school.
- She attended Clark Atlanta for college and has worked in retail, public relations, hospitality in the sales and marketing capacity, and as an entrepreneur.
- From 1997 to 2005, there was a 265-322% range of growth in black women entrepreneurs in the USA.
- There has always been a need for representation.
- There is too much over-played humility—if you don’t think you are the best to ever do it, no one else will.
- Business sustainability is growing trend for black women entrepreneurs.
- Gradient Global Collective podcast is the first media product of the company.
- The founder of the first toilet paper manufacturer founder in Port-au-Prince, Haiti was interviewed on the GGC podcast.
- Believe your dreams are possible for you.
- Think Global. Start Local.
3 Key Points:
- Black women in the United States are the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs.
- Success is conveyed by how many other people you can assist in reaching their aspirations.
- 3.97% of black women entrepreneurs are “solo-preneurs.”
– “Gradient Global Collective is a new media platform that spotlights the global community of black women entrepreneurs.” – Nia Perry.
– “When you are exposed to it (representation), you know what is possible for yourself.” – Nia Perry.
– “The real markers of success are how many people that you can help achieve their goal.” – Nia Perry.
- Keetria on Facebook – Facebook page for Keetria
- Keetria on LinkedIn – LinkedIn page for Keetria
- Style of Business – Website for Style of Business
- LinkedIn – Nia Perry’s LinkedIn page
- Facebook – Gradient Global Collective’s Facebook page
- Gradient Global Collective – Website for Gradient Global Collective