In episode 55 we hear from Dr. Venus Opal Reese the CEO of Defy Impossible and Author of The Black Woman Millionaire: A Revolutionary Act that Defies Impossible. Keetria speaks with Dr. Venus about the recent success of her book, “The Black Woman Millionaire: A Revolutionary Act that Defies Impossible” and how we can all defy the impossible every day. Dr. Venus shares how she took control of her life, created her own businesses and started helping others achieve success.
- Introduction of Dr. Venus Opal Reese, CEO and creator of Defy Impossible and Author of The Black Woman Millionaire
- Dr. Venus shares her background and unconventional road to success
- How to combat negativity and move beyond what people think or say about you
- Dr. Venus talks about Defies Impossible and her mission to bring about change
- How to build a business and the problems most people have in starting one
- Why people get stuck year after year in unfulfilling positions
- Don’t settle for what you think you can manage. Don’t stop dreaming and hoping. Don´t be too afraid to try
- Words of Encouragement: Start where you are and get around people who are where you want to go
3 Key Points:
- To navigate entrepreneurship, Dr. Venus says having a team is key.
- Dr. Venus talks about how to build your business and the struggles associated with it.
- Don’t stop dreaming and hoping. Don’t be too afraid to try.
– “Defiance wasn’t an external. Defiance was fighting against all of the negativity that I truly believed about myself.” – Dr. Venus
– “Defying the impossible really is an internal thing.” – Dr. Venus
– “Money is an energetic thing. It is not what you do.” – Dr. Venus
– “Start where you are and get around people who are where you want to go.” – Dr. Venus