BodyLogos is a technique that turns Western fitness into active meditation. BodyLogos is based in aligning your posture with gravity, and balancing your body movement with centrifugal forces.
During this 41st episode of Style of Business (SOB), Keetria interviews Tammy Wise, Workplace wellness educator, corporate wellness consultant, speaker, personal trainer, and posture/ergonomics expert—and founder of BodyLogos based in New York City. BodyLogos is a technique that turns Western fitness into active meditation. Their interview covers how and why she created BodyLogos, and how fitness and the union of mind and body can improve your lifestyle.
- Tammy Wise used to be a Broadway dancer and became a Taoist Minister.
- Tammy has a book and video learning system coming out soon called “The Art of Strength.”
- Strength and tension are both energy-based, but strength is fluid and tension is static.
- If you can learn how energy moves, then you can use it in your posture and walking, to practice fitness all of the time.
- In Tammy’s mid-30s she made the transition out of Broadway dancing and into Taoist ministry.
- Emotions are stored in the body.
- It’s important to work with a variety of resistance tools—not just one.
- Tammy offers “computer crunch” services to assist with bad posture from sitting in front of computers for long periods of time.
- You need your body to open up your ability to have empathy for others.
- Implement one new fitness or dietary change and track it to see what is working, it takes 24 hours to feel the difference.
3 Key Points:
- Tammy Wise has a book and video learning system coming out soon called “The Art of Strength.”
- The fitness industry often promotes chasing strength on the outside and not within— unfortunately with quantity over quality.
- BodyLogos is based in aligning your posture with gravity, and balancing your body movement with centrifugal forces.
– “I specialize in mind/body strength, and I’ve created a technique I call BodyLogos, which means the body’s divine wisdom.” – Tammy Wise.
– “The outer shield of the heart and lungs expresses no other emotions that lies between joy and sadness, and I called this your “smile of truth.” – Tammy Wise.
– “I don’t think strength is defined by how much you can pick up. I think it’s much more about how deeply you connect to what you pick up.” – Tammy Wise.
- Keetria – Website for Keetria
- Style of Business – Podcast for Style of Business (SOB)
- LinkedIn – Tammy Wise’s LinkedIn
- Body Logos – Website for Body Logos
[…] NEW! SOB Episode: BodyLogos Interview with Founder Tammy Wise […]