The holiday season is perfect for your small business to get noticed growth strategies . Many small businesses benefit significantly during this time of year due to higher sales and more foot traffic in their stores. Holidays are also an excellent opportunity to promote your brand through cross-promotion with other businesses or hosting events that engage your community. Here are five strategies you can use to grow your business over the next few months:
1: Cross Promote with Other Businesses
Cross-promotion is a great way to get your brand noticed during the holiday season. This strategy involves promoting another business’s products or services in exchange for them promoting yours.
It can be done on social media, in-store, or through a newsletter. You should focus on businesses with similar audiences and offer products that complement yours. For example, if you sell jewelry and they sell apparel, then it makes sense to cross-promote each other’s products.
Here are some examples of businesses that could cross-promote with you:
- Online retailers with stores on Etsy & Big Cartel
- Local boutiques or shops where you live
- Bloggers who write about similar topics to yours
2: Host a Food or Toy Drive
We all know how important it is to give back to our communities and positively impact others. Hosting a food or toy drive is one of the best ways to do this. You can either collect donations from your customers or run an in-store donation drive by setting up a table in the middle of your store where people can drop off their donations, or both!
Just make sure that you promote your drive so that you get the most amount of donations possible. The last thing you want is for your customers not to know about it! Once the holidays are over, thank everyone who donated so that they know how much their kindness means.
3: Engage Your Community
It would help if you also considered creating a contest for your business. This could include giving away a gift card or other prizes to encourage people in your community to visit your business. You can also ask for feedback on your products and services, which can help you improve them in the future.
Lastly, you could ask followers of social media or email lists what they think about working with your company and whether they would recommend it to others.
4: Consider a Virtual or Live Event
- Virtual events are great for getting your brand noticed and building new customer relationships. These events can be held in several places, like on social media or via video conferencing platforms like Zoom.
- Traditional live events can also be a huge success because you build customer relationships and connect with people in person. The difference between virtual and live events is that virtual is hosted online, while live events are held at a specific location. Still, both events can significantly impact the success of your small business growth by helping you to build rapport with new and existing customers.
5: Gift Guides
Another way to get your brand noticed is by creating a gift guide.
Whether creating your own or recommending products for another business, you’ll want to ensure that your gift guide’s content is valuable and helpful to the reader. If they find what they’re looking for in your guide, they are more likely to check out other content on your site.
Gift guides can be created in any format—online only, print only, online, and print. Having both digital versions of gift guides available allows people who prefer one form over another access to all versions without needing additional tools to view them.
The holiday season is an excellent time for your small business to get noticed and grow.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- It’s when people think about gift purchases, which means they’ll think about you and your brand.
- The holidays are a great time to get creative with messaging, promotions, and marketing—which can lead to more word-of-mouth marketing opportunities for you. (That’s always good.)
Happy Holidays! We hope these tips will help you to grow your business this holiday season.
Keetria is an entrepreneur, wellness advocate, and brand strategy coach for creatives & entrepreneurs with 16 years of public relations expertise working with some of the world’s leading brands, startups, media personalities, and entertainers. If you want to work together, don’t hesitate to reach out!