In this 37nd episode of SOB: Style of Business podcast, Keetria interviews Raj Bachhav, a filmmaker, director, and founder of Faux Piece Productions, which is based in Pune Maharashtra, India. Raj shares information with Keetria about his transition from pursuing the career path of engineering to go straight ahead towards filmmaking. He shares his journey to establish Faux Piece Productions, and what its mission is.
● Faux Piece Productions provides filmmakers with the opportunity to produce short films.
● Audiences in India enjoys action and drama movies, but art films are gaining popularity.
● Raj left the engineering career path to pursue filmmaking, and enrolled in film school.
● He paid his living costs during film school by working part-time at KFC.
● Raj achieved his Masters degree in Film.
● Faux Piece Productions began with funding in 2015 in a single flat—now aiming to produce up to 12 short films a year.
● “Future Dreams” is a short film about a young village boy who becomes an entrepreneur with a strong vision.
● Education, inspiration, and entertainment are the formula for Faux Piece’s creative goals.
● Filmmaking is about seeing the story before create it.
3 Key Points:
1. Raj left the engineering career path to pursue filmmaking, and earned his Masters degree in Film.
2. Faux Piece Productions began with funding in 2015 and is now aiming to produce up to 12 short films a year.
3. The Faux Piece Productions short film “Future Dreams” is about a young village boy who becomes an entrepreneur with a strong vision.
– “I can do it, because there is a filmmaker living inside me.” – Raj Bachhav.
– “A thought can even inspire to live your life, and never give up.” – Raj Bachhav.
– “It’s about educating people, inspiring people, and entertaining people as well.” –
● Style of Business – Website for Style of Business
● Faux Piece Productions – Website for Faux Piece Productions
● Instagram – Raj Bachhav’s Instagram page
● “Future Dreams” – Web page for the short film “Future Dreams”